Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Layout

Hi Everyone,

I know a few of you have been emailing me because the layout seemed to disappear from the folder but it is back! I am also going to down save it for those of you that have CS5. I think it would be a good idea for all of us to start getting organized so we do not have anymore confusion. In the layout folder we should probably make out own individual folders with our name in order to put our links in. Then each person can save their own InDesign file as Layout_Johnson for example. You can go ahead and use the 3x3 that we talked about in class but I am going to begin to adapt this file so it better utilizes our "Concept Lens Diagram" we talked about in class, so soon you will see me place a "MasterFile" in the layout folder. I am going to keep a master file on my computer as well. As soon as everyone feels comfortable with their layouts I can begin compiling it in the master file and updating it as we move forward.

The other idea I want to bring up is how to diagram these words. I spoke briefly with Mary about this and we think it could be a simple almost "symbol like legend". I am thinking that near the Table of contents there will be a spread that is very graphic maybe with an image of a camera and multiple lenses and from these "lenses" the words would branch off and each word would have its own very simple symbol. Hopefully this image will become self-explanatory to the reader and then can understand we used these concepts as a "filter". Then on the spreads throughout the book near the title of the page these "symbols" will appear. The ones used will be dark and those that aren't can drop in opacity. What do you all think? There are alot of words and this might be the only way of "dumbing it down". I am interested to hear what you all think!!! Any ideas for the symbols it would be really helpful!!!

Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to make a note that we will be using lulu for the publishing of our book.

    They offer the 7.5" x 7.5" size which we are currently using.

    additionally, there are options for 8.5" sq. and 12" sq. books if we were to want to make a larger format.

    ReplyDelete